- Alpine Leg – Start the race at Mt. Bachelor’s Pine Marten chair lift, where you will run uphill, put on your skis or snowboard, on and fly down the mountain to the West Village Day Lodge.
- Cross Country Leg – Head onto Mt. Bachelor’s Nordic Center for an 8-kilometer dash on the groomed trail system, returning to the Nordic Lodge parking area.
- Bike Leg – Hop on your bicycle for a scenic, 22-mile cruise along Cascade Lakes Highway into Bend, ending up on Colorado Avenue.
- Run Leg – Sprint along the Deschutes River for five miles, passing through beautiful scenery.
- Canoe/Kayak Leg – Paddle upstream on the Deschutes River for ½ mile to Healy Bridge, then back downstream for ¾ mile, and then back upstream for ¼ mile. Any float-worthy craft without oarlocks may be used.
- Sprint Leg – The final leg takes place along the grassy banks of the river, and you’ll run ½ mile to the Finish Arena at Les Schwab Amphitheater.
Whew! Celebrate your amazing accomplishment, then return to one of our stylish hotels to relax and recharge. With modern rooms close to Mt. Bachelor and in downtown Bend, you’ll stay near the action and the fun. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to compete in a Pole Peddle Paddle, a truly unique competition that could only take place in beautiful Bend.